Friday, June 8, 2012

Guest Towels

A friend of my is moving into a new home and I 
made her a few towels for the guest bathroom.


I started with a strip of material, about 60 cm long
and 10 cm. wide.
Then stitched a seam on the bottom and sides.


My machine gathers when I put both settings 
in the highest number.
I added a nice cotton lace to the material strip
and gathered them together.




Here I stitched them both on the edge of a small towel.
I put it on the edge so there is more towel left.


To finish it off, I added a nice trim to hide the raw edges.


Not to forget the covered soap,
now put it all in a decorated basket.


Perfect! to welcome guests in a romantic style..




I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
xoxo

I will join in with Courtney 

8 comments:

  1. ıt2s very very nice you are use have a happy days:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,
    I always feel like I've had a gorgeous birthday cake placed in front of me...all covered with beautiful roses and swirls and lovelies...and that I get to eat it all...
    when I come to visit your blog and see your GORGEOUS work!! And it's all calorie free!!
    You do such lovely things with lace....
    oh so inspiring!!
    Thanks so much for always sharing your pretties!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those towels. The fabric is great and love the ruffles. What a perfect ruffle you get--I have never heard of a machine doing that. My ruffle attachment is giving me problems lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous towels, soap cover and basket. Your friend will LOVE them! Lucky girl! I love your work, Angela. I admire it so much.
    Blessings,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Pictures,i like it!Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are beautiful :) I loved your blog and will follow =)
    Come visit my blog I'll be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet.....just like those cheeks on Eloise!

    ReplyDelete