Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wonderful France

We are back from a refreshing holiday in France.
This time we spend a week in Aquitaine region,
a two hours drive from Toulouse.


We stayed for seven days and it rained for 
most of it...
I love the rain!


The house we rented was amazing!
If you need a large house to have four families 
get together, this is it..


The house sits on 17 acres of private land,
with beautiful flowers and fruit trees.


My sweet grand-daughters are growing up so fast.
We see them about two times a year and the changes 
at this age is really amazing.
Eloise is now two years old.


Anais is four years old.
She loves stories and is great at drawing pictures.
I can't wait for them to come over and stay for their 
summer vacation.








I found this stall at the market and couldn't
resist buying a few meters of wonderful fabrics.




Au revoir France, I miss you already...
I hope you have a great week.
Bisous!
xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Dearest Angela,
    Oh my, how much of that authentic quality Toile de Jouy can one carry back on a plane...?
    You have precious grand daughters and indeed, the changes one notices at their tender age are often quite big with a lapse of half a year.
    But that's the price one pays for being an immigrant. But I bet, we enjoy every minute of being together far more intense than others that have no inkling what it is to be apart so long.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat lijkt me leuk elkaar zo to ontmoeten. Fijn voor je, je kleinkinderen weer te zien. De regen iets minder, maar jij bent al verwend met de zon thuis denk ik,

    Groetjes Janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I know how it feels to be so far from Your Grandgirls...mine are far away from me. When I see them next it will have been 14 months since we were together. I am glad we are able to Skype with them and that helps. but I don't get to read to anyone or play with anyone....I gues I need to watch other peoples chldren when they need a break and gt some Grandma time in somehow! Beautiful fabrics, we don't really have markets like these anywhere near me....*big sigh* I guess I just have to go to France!....."Parle-vous francais?" I only speak a little French! Probably just enough to get into trouble.!
    Hearts, glad you had such a wonderful trip!
    Hearts,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete